Saturday, February 21, 2009

God sends answers in the mail...

Well it's been a crazy week. The next tour starts in 2 weeks so we've been practicing a lot and I'm learning a lot of new music. My fingers hurt but that's not a complaint. It's a sign of a dream come true!

There's quite a bit outside of music that is keeping me busy as well, but it's all good, I'm just exhausted.

There was one particularly notable event of the last week. I'll preface a bit first.

For the last year or so, I've been feeling called to go on a missions trip. I never had the opportunity to do so in high school and feel it's something important I need to do. I originally was looking at going to Mali, West Africa in January with my worship team from church but that trip was postponed. Then I was browsing around facelessinternational.com and noticed a trip to Ukraine taking place in May. I would be working at an orphanage that helps victims of human trafficking which is something I speak about for World Vision during shows.

At first I dismissed the idea because the trip was only a couple months away and I needed to raise a lot of money, but the idea stuck in the back of my mind. I talked it over with Mindy and we had been praying about it for a while. We mentioned it to a few people, but were kinda keeping it on the down low.

On Friday I got a unanimous letter in the mail with a check made out to me for "God's Work."

I'll still have to raise quite a bit of money, but that pretty much sealed the deal. I'm mailing the application on Monday, support letters shortly after that, and if all goes right I'll be headed out of the country in a couple months.

No comments: