Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Good Weekend

The guitar I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule.




A 1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst. Let's just say someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Now I'm faced with a tough decision. Do I sell my absolute favorite high dollar Larrivee acoustic guitar that I don't play that often to pay for it, or do I unload 3 of my other guitars I play a lot but that are just so-so? It's a tough call. If I sell the 3, that leaves me with only 1 stage guitar. If I sell the Larrivee I'm selling a part of my soul....

Beyond that, I spent the weekend in Colorado and realized that I really want to live there someday. It's just a different world than Nebraska. I love the mountains and I love the way of life. There seems to be a lot more activity everywhere you look. Everyone is riding bikes and there are trails everywhere, and most people even like dogs. Mindy and I sat outside at Starbucks with Henry and didn't feel like a nuisance for once. In fact, there were at least 3 other dogs there the whole time. I've been to Colorado many times before, but it took this weekend to finally make me realize that I truly want to end up there someday.

This weekend also solidified that another one of my favorite places to be is Goodwill. Mindy and I stopped at one on a whim and after another failed attempt to find me some cowboy boots, I retreated to my favorite section of the store. The books. 99 cents for paperback, $1.99 for hard cover. I had a pretty amazing find to tell you the truth. I found what I believe is a First Edition Hardcover Copy of "You Shall Know Our Velocity" and it's actually signed by Dave Eggers, the author. I was pretty excited.

No comments: