Monday, October 13, 2008

Books and Human Trafficking

Well I finally finished the Narnia books which put me at my goal of reading 15 books for the year. Since then I've had a pretty veracious appetite for other reading and have finished 3 other books.

Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist - Roger Lowenstein
A biography on the life of Warren Buffet up until about 1995.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Robert T. Kiyosaki
Good book on personal finances.

The Tao of Warren Buffett - Mary Buffett and David Clark
Lots of Warren Buffett quotes. Very insightful.

I'm working on finishing another book in the Rich Dad series called "Loopholes of the Rich," it's about how the rich legally work the system to pay less taxes. Tomorrow, I'm going to be checking out a book called "The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life." I've been on a Buffet kick as of late. I figure there might be a lot I could learn from one of the richest men in the world, though I think "The Snowball" is the last book on him I'll be reading for a while. I'm also going to be picking up a couple books on the topic of human trafficking. This is a subject I'm very passionate about. If you have a chance, you should check out the following website to gain a little perspective.

www.callandresponse.com

No comments: