Monday, June 9, 2014

My Favorite Recipe



The recipe that I'm about to share with you could change your life. It's my absolute, number one favorite recipe, and it's reached this distinction for 3 reasons. 

1. It's insanely easy and fast to make. 
2. It's healthy. 
3. It's delicious.

I use this recipe at least twice a month, and more often than not, every week. Are you ready? Here it is.

1. Put frozen chicken in a crock pot.
2. Cover it with a layer of taco seasoning.
3. Cover with a jar of your favorite salsa.
4. Cook on warm for 8 hours, or on high for 5 to 6.

Normally I have to think ahead and thaw out chicken to grill or bake, but not with this recipe. Throw it in frozen and you're good to go. Normally, I'm not a big fan of crock pot meals, but this one doesn't taste like a standard crock pot meal. It has a LOT of flavor. I love it because I can be running late for work and still have enough time to get it cooking for dinner later that night, and it's so versatile, it can be mixed and matched with different things so that it tastes new every time, even if you eat it every day. You can use chicken thighs or chicken breast, or whatever part of the chicken you want to use (I prefer white meat). You can use it for tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, salads, tostadas, nachos. I even ate it on a hamburger bun one time, kinda like a taco sloppy joe. It wasn't my greatest creation, but I had to make due with what I had... For a guy that eats a lot of chicken, and was getting tired of the standard grilled or baked chicken breast, this recipe is a great way to get my  230 grams of protein a day and enjoy my meals at the same time.  
 
Give it s shot and let me know what you think.

No comments: