Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I'm baaaaaaack...

...in the saddle again.


I was cleaning off the desktop on my Mac the other day and found my list of 2014 Goals. One of those goals was to update my blog at least once a month. While I may be getting a late start, I figure if I post at least 12 by the end of the year, I'll have met that goal.

I assumed that since only a few people officially "follow" my blog through blogger, and since I don't usually try to advertise or market my posts, no one was actually missing anything, but apparently there are a few readers that I was not aware of. With my follow numbers officially approaching the double digits, I figure it's as good a time as any to start posting again.

For years I've come up with ideas here and there about blogs I'd like to write. I tried writing a personal finance blog, an entrepreneur blog, a goal setting blog, and a blog about my weekly obsessions. I experimented with wordpress, tumblr, blogger, and xanga, I tested different domain names, different blog styles, and different dynamics. Through all the experiments, this is the only blog that has stood the test of time.  

Most recently I've considered writing a fitness blog. Fitness and martial arts are a huge part of my life and I'm currently studying for my Personal Training Certificate so that I can start generating clients to train at my gym. Eventually I'd like to become a full time trainer, and was planning on using a fitness blog as a tool to build my business. The thing is, writing about fitness and nothing else is boring. Kinda like writing about personal finance and nothing else or entrepreneurship and nothing else is boring. I enjoy writing what I'm thinking about currently, and that's what I do here. I'm not constrained to one topic.

With that in mind, and in conjunction with the fact that I am building a business, I'm going to start writing more frequently and "marketing" my posts a bit more. The writing will mostly be the same, though I will be throwing in more mini posts, as well as fitness posts. I also bought joshkidney.com (cause I'm a narcissist) and may eventually build more of a website around the blog. 

All that said, I appreciate you reading. If you like what I write, tell your friends, and maybe mention it in the comments so that I know you exist :)

Coming soon: What I've been up to since my last blog post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just letting you know another reader of yours exists. Glad to see you blogging again!

-Lee