Thursday, June 19, 2008

My favorite place in the world...





Well here I am again this summer in one of my favorite places in the world; the mountains of Montana. We’re out at Camp on the Boulder this week and it’s amazing. We were here for a week last year as well and fell in love with it. This place is so remote, there’s no hope of cell phones working and the internet connection is barely a trickle. I’ll be lucky if I can up load the pictures I’ve taken. It’s made a couple other things difficult as well but I can’t complain. We’ve been playing music a couple times every day and relaxing in between. Today we’ll be hiking it up the side of the mountain as far as we can go. It should be awesome.

Saturday we leave here and drive straight on through day and the night and then part of the next day to get to North Carolina, which is probably one of my second favorite places in the world.

So far the tour has gone well. There have been a couple close calls. Luke caught a bass headstock in the nose at the show in Wisconsin, and then clothes-lined himself the other night playing capture the flag. John has had a soar throat, and we’ll all worn out, but it’s a good worn out. The kind that says you’ve actually been doing something with your day.

We’ll be posting the mastered versions of the EP songs online here in about a week. The new mixes are pretty sick. I can’t wait to get them out.

No comments: