Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What have we become...

2 hours ago a gunman opened fire in the Westroads Mall here in Omaha. As of right now everyone I know is safe, but names have yet to be released. I do know that one of my friends was there and witnessed everything from the beginning. As stunned as we can be everytime something like this happens in our country, it never compares to what it's like when it happens close to home. What have we become? Can we really look at this country and continue to say we're doing ok without God?

There are 2 things I know for sure.

1. I refuse to live in fear.

2. I refuse to accept that this is just the way it is.

We can make a difference. We can make a change. We cannot allow this to continue.

2 comments:

brknbenjamin04 said...

I never thought this would happen here in our own city. I was very shocked I was in school when i herd this happen. I'm keeping the victims very close in prayer and it is very hard to live life anymore without worrying everyday now because their is so many crazy people out there now. Thought I'd comment because it cool that a band like you guys, which are very good I'm from omaha and love ya guys real good, but that you care about this situation and wrote about it makes me like ya guys much more and appreciate that its not just about music but getting out to the people and giving them a message if you know what i mean. Keep rocking you guys rule!!

morgetron said...

I feel the same way. It's different when it's right here. It's horrible when it happens anywhere, but I never knew it would feel like this.

-J